Saturday, March 9, 2019

The bigger idea..

I've had an idea on what I would want my two-page spread was going to be about. I was looking forward to writing about how High-school basketball players aren't allowed to get drafted right out of high-school unlike other sports such as baseball or even soccer. But looking into it, it seems like the problem with having high-school players be drafted is the NBA doesn't have "extra leagues" as other sports do. For example, Major League Baseball has different leagues to be able to develop the young drafted players or players that need more improvement like Single A division to Triple A division until you reach the Major leagues. But in contrast to this the NBA doesn't have a development league or ways to have young stars be able improve such as the pros. Not to spoil my entire two page spread now, but I would keep going with how that development is used throughout having these young stars be forced to enter college for a year before being able to declare for the draft, and the benefits this has to the NBA.

Aside from the research aspect, I was looking into being able to have different view points from a high school player on sports that allow you to be drafted from high-school to a high-school basketball player who isn't allowed to be drafted. I feel like being able to get these viewpoints from these star players would just bring the two-page spread some life.

One other thing I would like to have would be able to bring in a professional athlete into the magazine, and that would be Lebron James. I'm looking into adding Lebron due to his popularity and greatness, I would be adding him because of the path he took. "Following Lebron James' junior year of high school, the rising star petitioned the league so he could enter the 2002 NBA Draft at age 17. Alas, James was denied because he hadn't graduated from high school yet". Looking forward to this to be able to bring in the professional sports world into play with my High school magazine!

Just a couple ideas that I've been thinking of to start having an idea for the layout I would be looking for !!

No comments:

Post a Comment